Wednesday, 22 September 2010

The effect of running to your body

Just wanted to share my happy running feeling with you! Running has a special effect on your body. It's gives you a 'happy' feeling. Your energy level goes up and your body keeps asking for more. Before you know you're addicted to this happy feeling and you want more!

"Yet, most serious runners will say their addiction goes beyond the physical benefits they achieve from running. Runners say the intense exhilaration and euphoria that comes after a run is what motivates them most. In fact, this euphoria comes from a betaendorphin release triggered by the neurons in the nervous system. Intended to alleviate the pain after a run, it creates a feeling of extreme happiness and exhilaration. Runners become addicted to this intense high, and it can often replace other addictions to drugs, alcohol, and even food. While runners claim to achieve more energy in daily life from running, it also helps bring appetite, exercise and food into balance. Furthermore, as running makes the body function better, it improves sleep, eating, and relaxation."

From www.vanderbilt.edu 'The benefits of running.'

What I've been noticing is that my body doesn't ask for sugar as much as it did before. It has a hunger for healthy food. I eat a lot of vegetables, fruits and nuts. I am much more physically active than I was before and my body tells me know that it needs other ingredients to keep up with my new way of life. I am reading the Paleo Diet and its very interesting stuff! Back to basic food and delete all the crap and food that makes us all sugar addicts. Did you ever notice that everything (and then I mean EVERYTHING) you buy in the supermarket contains sugar? Yes, even gherkins! 

-Esther-

No comments:

Post a Comment